Traditionally this is one of the much loved Cantonese “Clay Pot Rice” dishes – rice is put in clay pots and cooked directly over fire, other ingredients are added when rice is almost cooked so all the flavours will infuse together, in the end soy sauce is added for flavouring. I don’t have a clay pot so this was made by stir-frying, the flavour is just as nice other than not being steaming hot.
Mince Beef with Egg Rice (Serves 1)
- 150g Minced Beef
- 2tsp Oyster Sauce
- 2tsp Corn Starch
- 1tsp Sesame Oil
- a pinch of White Pepper
- 1 sprig of Spring Onion – chopped fine
- 1 Egg (pasteurized is better as it’ll be eaten mostly raw)
- 1 bowl Steamed Rice
- Marinate minced beef with Oyster Sauce, corn starch, sesame oil and pepper.
- Stir fry until beef is completely cooked, dry and well separated.
- In a hot bowl layer beef on top of rice, sprinkle spring onion on top, then crack the raw egg and drop on top. Serve with green vegetables (optional).
- 150g 免治牛肉
- 2茶匙 蠔油
- 2茶匙 生粉
- 1茶匙 芝麻油
- 1撮 胡椒粉
- 1條 蔥 － 切碎
- 1顆 蛋
- 1碗 米飯